Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remedies for hemorrhoids: 3 Options for removing this annoying problem.

If you would rather be rid of hemorrhoids, it's perfectly understandable. Yes, they hurt, they are annoying and they are inconvenient! If you have ever endured the pain and aggravation of hemorrhoids, it's no wonder you are eager to get rid of them! Anyone who has not had to deal with hemorrhoids cannot relate.

There are several options available for a hemroid remedy; actually three alternatives. I have tried two of them and seen the damage done by the third.

The first option is the traditional ointments and suppositories, such as Preparation H.

Even though they don't cure hemorrhoids, they do offer some benefits. In my own experience suppositories are better than the ointment, even for hemorrhoids that are external. You probably also have internal hemorrhoids too, and these will need to be treated as well, to get the relief you need. These methods are very easy, though unpleasant; just go to the drug store and you are ready.

I did have some unfortunate side effects from the treatment, such as elevated blood pressure, which compelled me to look for alternatives. There are usually repercussions when using a chemical treatment for an illness or disease. In addition, my hemorrhoids weren't even cured; the pain was just alleviated for a little while. Lastly, you cannot employ the treatment while your hemorrhoids are bleeding.

The other option is undergo surgery to remove your hemorrhoids.

This was my physician's recommendation, though I elected not to do it. After having the surgery, my father experienced excruciating pain for several days. This is how he described the pain he felt: "Like hooks tearing into my butt". Knowing what happened to him, I did everything I could to avoid having surgery, and you should too. It is not the only option.

The last way is using a natural hemorrhoid treatment, I got my information from a book called H Miracle


Although I used to be dubious about using natural cures, I now know better. So what are their advantages? First, I was surprised at how strong and effective they are. They work quickly, the cost is considerably less than most products, and your hemorrhoids will actually go away.

The downside is that researching which natural treatments are really effective can take some time. I advise you to locate reliable information resources and thoroughly check all of your research.

1 comment:

David said...

No more itching or painful hemorrhoids. After suffering most of my life I found the solution on a trip to Thailand in the form of the bathroom bidet sprayers they use there. It is the ultimate in logical simplicity = it allows you to clean without rubbing or cleaning with soaps that irritate the skin and perpetuate the itching. I got mine at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com//index.php and I have not had a problem since. It also helps with diarrhea and constipation by allowing you to use it as a homemade colonic. All in the privacy of your own home and no one need know what you use it for. Enjoy, David